OLC Dance Crew- YOH FEST PERFORMANCE INFO

 Hello OLC Dance Crew Families!


The ACT-BELONG-COMMIT YOH FEST is coming up next Friday, 20/08/21. 


***PLEASE NOTE COSTUME CHANGE****

Can all students please wear:

-LONG BLACK PANTS (leggings, tracksuit pants, harem pants etc)

-BLACK TSHIRT/TOP/SHIRT/LONG SLEEVE etc (if student only has a black shirt with a graphic or writing on it please turn it inside out

-A FUNKY JACKET EG: DENIM, WINDBREAKER, HOODIE, LEATHER, SPORTSJACKERT, SPARKLES, CARDIGAN 

-Optional hat or hair done nicely and not in face please

-SNEAKERS (any colour)


Please bring all costume requirements to school Friday 20/08/21 (show day) as students will be taken on the bus straight after school. Please name all school uniform and costumes please. 


Please pack water and afternoon tea for your child to bring on the bus.


If you have NOT returned the permission slip please do so ASAP. Thank you to the parents who have already done this.


I want to address a rule I implemented at rehearsal that I would like to retract and apologize for any hurt feelings that may have occurred. As attendance has been quite low this term I told students that if they were not at the Friday 8am rehearsal they can not dance in the section of the dance we are repatterning that morning. 

I have arranged for the next two Tuesday mornings 8.40-9.40am (not before school) for Dance Crew students to be able to rehearse with me, and I will be adding the students back into all sections. 

Coming from a Secondary School and Dance Studio background I expect a lot of my students, but I never want to upset anyone! As I do not have the year 5 and 6's in class this Semester I only get to see them for the 30 minutes on Friday mornings, and with 48 students to account for things get a little lost in translation! I will explain everything to the students tomorrow but wanted to clear the air with parents as well and again apologize for anyone being upset. 


Thank you for your support, your children are all amazing and after Week 5 we will starting a new dance for the Christmas Concert :)


If you have any questions, or require another permission slip please email ellie.haines@cewa.edu.au


Thank you


Mrs Ellie Haines

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OLC Dance for Sick Kids Week!

OLC Dance Concert Videos!

OLC DANCE CONCERT INFORMATION- FRIDAY, 2ND JULY 2021 WEEK 11